Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Professional/Social Networking on the Net

I use LinkedIn as my professional networking. I invite all of my clients to join. I also invite colleagues other than those who are in my selling area. I keep my profile looking like a top notch résumé and send it to prospective clients. Many people will search for my name on Google and Yahoo. LinkedIn helps to add more presence to the results.

I also use Facebook for my social network. It is fun and lets you see what your friends and clients are doing on a personal level. Your past clients will like it too as they can see what you are up to and feel somewhat connected to you.

I tie everything together, my websites, blogs, social and professional networks. On the signature portion of all my e-mails you will notice that I place links for people to join me. I recommend reading the books, “Buzz Marketing” and “How to Work a Room”. With a little effort you can become the Maven of you circle, The go-to person who is always called first.

Did you happen to catch Mark Burrell’s Blogging 101 class at the convention? Most excellent. He is doing a free webinar on Monday. Contact him to see if you can join. mark@burrellgroup.com. You will also need to download a class workbook.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for you. Please remember, I am never too busy for your referrals.

No comments: